The book is a compilation of articles showing the significant roles women has played in the history where patriarchal system prevailed. In patriarchal culture, children are named after their fathers and identified through their paternal line. Why then do we have four women of the Old Testament in the genealogy: Tamar, Rahab, Ruth, Bathsheba (the wife of Uriah)? And why is Mary’s name specifically mentioned whereas Jesus could have been simply named as the son of Joseph? Biblical scholars have discussed this issue at length. Such an interpretation is relevant for the readers.
1. The Traditional Religion of the Nagas and the Alienation of Women: A Critique
Lovely Awomi James
2. The Wonder Women in the Genealogy of Jesus in Matthew 1
3. Identity of Daughters in the Old Testament
4. Select Neglected Women in the History of Early Christianity
5. The Role of the American Women Missionaries and the Lotha Women Evangelists in the History of Christianity
6. Eliminating Gender-based Discrimination against Women: Towards Building an Inclusive Community
S. Ekonthung Ezung
7. The Praxis of God-Talk as Mother
8. Esther – A Courageous Woman: Call to Advocacy (A Reflection)
Lovely Awomi James is an Associate Professor in the Department of Christian Theology, teaching at Eastern Theological College, Jorhat, Assam.