This book integrates contemporary realities and issues in the area of Eschatology with Biblical and theological insights. The book also challenges the readers to do away with all escapist and other worldly notions and to be with God as concrete historical human beings with ultimate concerns. There is a freshness of approach and creativity in the book that comes from author’s ardent endeavour to combine academic insights and pastoral experiences.
2. The Place of Eschatology in Christian Theology
3. Eschatology and Biblical Hermeneutics
4. What does the "End" mean?
5. Apocalyptic Writings: Daniel and Revelation
6. The Kingdom of God
7. The Day of the Lord and the Son of Man
8. The Cross and Resurrection of Jesus Christ
9. Ascension and the Return of Jesus Christ
10. Millenarianism, Messianism, and Rapture
11. Eternal Life
12. New Heaven and New Earth
13. Last Judgment
14. Graceful Living, Ageing and Dying
15. Church as a Community of Hope
Bibliography & End Notes
Rev. Dr. K. A. Abraham is an ordained minister in the Mar Thoma Church. After his Bachelor’s degree in Economics from the University of Kerala and Bachelor of Divinity from the Leonard Theological College, Jabalpur, he served in the Mar Thoma Church for forty years. He completed his Master’s and Doctorate in Theology from the Senate of Serampore College. He was professor of Theology and Ethics at the Mar Thoma Theological Seminary, Kottayam for several years. He served the church in various capacities such as member of Sabha Council, Vaideka Selection Committee, Episcopal Nomination Board, and Bishop’s and Diocesan Secretary of the Mar Thoma Diocese, North America and Europe. He was a Governing Board Member of the Bossey Ecumenical Institute of W.C.C, Geneva; member of the Communion of Churches in India (Mar Thoma - C.S.I – C.N.I); and member of Mar Thoma-Lutheran Dialogue in India. Some of his special areas of interest are: Theology in a pluralistic context, Gospel and culture and Thematic Bible studies. After retiring from active service, he lives with his wife Annis Abraham at Kizakkenmuthoor, Thiruvalla. He can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org, 9995207600, 9995107600
His other publications are:
1. Bible Padanangal, CSS, Thiruvalla, 1988.
2. Christian Faith for our times, CSS, Thiruvalla, 2003.
3. Daivasastra Padanam (Introduction to Theology), CSS, Thiruvalla. 2016.
4. Yesukristu Aalatvavum Pravarthanavum (The person and work of Christ),TLC,Thiruvalla, 2017.