Fellowship of Indian Missiologists (FOIM) is an ecumenical association of missiologists. This XVIII volume discusses the Theology of Mission in the Contemporary Context. It examines pioneers, movements, and missional principles and praxis. We hope this volume will be of great assistance to Churches, missiologists, mission practitioners, and students of missions.
1. Catholic Church in Bihar: Origin, Development and Impact of Christianization
2. Bihar Church and Mission History: A Protestant Perspective
3. The Church in North Gujarat: A Pioneer Mission among Caste Hindus
4. Evangelization as Building Relationships
5. Mission in India: An Alternative Model
6. Jesus Was Open to All People: An Alternative Reading of Genesis
7. Relevance of Khrist Bhakt Movement in Indian Missiology
8. Jesus at the Well: Anatomy of an Extraordinary
9. Christian Mission according To Mahatma Gandhi
10. Crossing Frontiers, a Missionary for Our Times: St. Rose Philippine Duchesne
11. A Frontier-Crossing Triune God: Trinitarian Theology and the Mission of the Church
12. The Perception of Religious Pluralism and Its Impact on Christian Mission Today
13. Swami Abhishiktananda: Prophet of Christian Witness in the Emerging Third-Spaces
14. Beyond Evangelicalism: Chitpavan Brahman Pioneers and Paths beyond Evangelical Christianity
15. Transnationalism: A Vital Criterion for Diaspora Missions
16. Paradigm Shift as a Major Methodological Issue in Theology of Mission
Fr. Dr. Paul Vellarackal is a catholic priest of the archdiocese of Ernakulam-Angamaly, Kerala, India. His doctoral dissertation, Vision of Sarvodaya for the Mission of the Kingdom of God in India was published by LAP Lambert Academic Publishing, USA and Germany in 2011. He has in his credit eight scholarly books, many scientific articles and a number of national and international presentations. He edited many books and co-edited three volumes of previous FOIM series.
Dr. Dasan Jeyaraj is the current Executive Secretary of FOIM. He is the Bishop of the Presbyterian Church India and is based out of Hyderabad. His Ph.D. in Missions is from Utrecht University, the Netherlands. He is a Professor of Missions and a member of the Board of Study of the Senate of Serampore College (University) for Missiology.