The Society for Biblical Studies in India (SBSI) has been addressing vital issues in its conferences and seminars. This book is the outcome of SBSI Biennium 2018, where scholars from various regions in India presented papers on identity and community formation from Biblical perspectives. Collection of articles in this book exposes how identity and community formation are interrelated in Biblical literature.
Society for Biblical Studies in India (SBSI)
1. SBSI Biennium 2018 Presidential Address Identity, Community and Biblical Narratives
2. Quest for Identity in Community Formation: Biblical Perspectives
3. Quest for Identity in Community Formation: Ancestral Narratives for Model Communities in the Book of Genesis
4. The Chronicler's Blueprint for Israel's Identity in Community Formation Reflections from 1 Chronicles 1:1-2 Chronicles 9:31
5. The Role of Human Being in Identity Formation in Wisdom and Poetry
6. Quest for Israelite Identity in the Exilic Prophets
7. The Matthean Community: Diverse, Complex and Overlapping
8. Early Evidences on the Identity of Matthean Community
9. Quest for Identity Traits in Community Formation: Luke-Acts
10. Quest for Identity in Community Formation in the Gospel of John and its Relevance to the Indian Context
11. Identity Formation of the Christian Community in 1 Peter: Dialectic of Continuity and Discontinuity
12. Redefining Mammon: Implicit and Ignored Teachings of Jesus on Wealth from Socio Economic Approach
13. The Significance of Torah in the Book of Proverbs
14. The Rich in Matthew: A Socio-Economic Reading
Dr. B. Lalnunzira is an ordained minister of the Mizoram Presbyterian Church, presently teaching at Aizawl Theological College, Aizawl. He is the incumbent secretary of the SBSI. He recently published Re-reading the Old Testament Prophets: The Spirit of God in the Exilic Seers (2019), and Mizo Identity Bihchianna (Edited, 2019).
Dr. Varaprasad Gosala is an ordained minister of the Andhra Evangelical Lutheran Church. He teaches at Andhra Christian Theological College, Hyderabad. At present, he is the treasurer of the SBSI. He has published several articles in leading theological journals.