This book takes a fresh look at the different forms of domestic violence which is a
neglected subject and not often seriously discussed in academia. The essays in this volume
deal with questions such as: what domestic violence is; its root causes, issues and
questions; concerns and possible intervention to reduce, resist, prevent and eradicate
this social evil.
The articles in the book come from different contributors, thereby covering different
shades of this social menace. Advantage of collection of such scholarly articles in a
single volume is, that the reader is given a platform and an opportunity to look at the
problem from various angles and provide insights to understand the issues involved.
This reader's treat not only offers biblical understanding on the subject but also
provides a picture on how deep-rooted this problem is in the contemporary scenario. It
will be useful for students and researchers, activists engaged in prevention of domestic
violence, ministers, caregivers, parents and children.
1. Domestic Violence and the Old Testament / K. Lallawmzuala
2. Domestic Violence Against Women in the Old Testament / Meyijungla
3. Jesus' Voice as Divine Voice Against Domestic Violence / A. Tali Ao
4. An Appraisal of Domestic Violence / Mhonyamo Lotha
5. Patriarchy and Domestic Violence / Toshimenla Jamir
6. Politics of Tribal Customary Practices Vis-a-Vis Silencing the Victims of Domestic
Violence / L. Imsutoshi Jamir
7. Customary Law/Judiciary and Domestic Violence in Naga Context / Atungo Shitri
8. Domestic Violence in Naga Society : Hidden Health Burdens / Elizabeth Imti
9. The Impact of Domestic Violence on Children / Razouselie Lasetso
10. Theological Response to Domestic Violence / Eyingbeni Huemtsoe-Nienu
11. Integrated Strategies and Interventions to Resist Domestic Violence Against Women /
Dr. A. Tali Ao served as a Pastor for several years and presently
teaching at the Clark Theological College, Mokokchung, Nagaland. He is a Senior Lecturer
and Head of the Department of the New Testament. He is married to Dr. Sangtemkala, they
are blessed with two children Moajungla and Temsuelong.